Monday, December 5, 2011

New recipes to try...

So I haven't updated since we moved, but now we are finally all settled in to a routine, I don't really have an excuse, unless you call expecting a baby any day now one... I've recently been asked to share some more recipes that I've taken pictures and posted on my FB account of, or spoken of there, so in an attempt to actually get something accomplished on my blog I figured I'd try and get something posted! I'm so bad at that! I'm not going to lie, sometimes I take short cuts, ok, you got me, a lot of times I take short cuts because well, at this point standing on my feet for long periods of time is just not possible. I swear this baby will fall out if I do that! So I cheat by using pre-pared food items in recipes to cut down time and energy. Hey! There's nothing wrong with that, besides I can still be creative with those recipes by adding or changing things, as can you! So here are three tried and true recipes for your culinary pleasure! Enjoy!

EASY Crockpot Beef Stew:

Ingredients:

2-3 lbs diced beef (usually you can find it in the steak section, stew meat, saves time)
1 pkg onion soup mix
1 can beef broth
1 small can tomato puree
2 cans baby whole potatoes quartered
4 carrots peeled and sliced
4 celery stalks washed and sliced
2 bay leaves
salt and pepper to taste
2 Tbs cornstarch dissolved with 2 Tbs water (don't prepare this until you are ready to add it)

Preparation:

In your crockpot put all ingredients except salt and pepper and cornstarch mix, in. Cook on low for 8-9 hours until well cooked. Add Cornstarch mix and stir. Add salt and pepper to taste. Serve with a loaf of fresh, warm french bread! Perfect for a cold night!




Beef rice and green bean casserole:

Ingredients:

1.5 lbs of ground beef cooked and drained of fat (yes you can cook it in the microwave)
1 box of butter herb rice (rice a roni makes this) prepared to box directions
1 can of green beans cut into bite sized pieces
1 can of french fried onions

Preparation:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix ground beef, rice and beans together and spread evenly in an 8 x 8 pyrex casserole dish. Cover top with a layer of french fried onions. Cook for 45 min to 1 hr until onions are deep golden in color.


White chocolate chip pumpkin spice cookies with white chocolate cream cheese frosting:

Ingredients:

Cookies:
2 pkgs of Krusteaz Pumpkin spice bread mix
2 Eggs
2 sticks of butter softened
1/8 cup granulated sugar
3/4 bag of white chocolate chips
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp vanilla

Frosting:
1 8oz pkg cream cheese softened
1/2 Cup powdered sugar
1/2 Cup powdered white chocolate (you may have to get this at a specialty store or online or you can just omit it, and have a plain cream cheese frosting)
1 stick of butter melted

Preparation:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a mixing bowl combine pumpkin bread mix, sugar, eggs, butter, cinnamon and vanilla and mix until thoroughly combined. Add white chocolate chips and mix well. Using a Tbs scoop one Tbs onto a lightly greased cookie sheet and spread each scoop about 2" apart. Bake for 11-12 min until edges begin to turn golden. Remove and cool thoroughly.

While the cookies are baking prepare the frosting in a separate bowl. Add cream cheese, powdered sugar and white chocolate powder and whip with an electric mixer. When smooth, add melted butter in a slow steady stream with the mixer running. Whip until well combined and smooth. When cookies are completely cooled spread a layer of frosting on top each cookie and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment