Friday, September 25, 2009

Linking the Recipe World Together

Ok, so today I'm not going to be posting any recipes, I'm on a bit of a time crunch, but I did want to make sure that I did my daily dose of blogging.  I promised to try and keep it up, so I'll at least put something on here that's hopefully useful.  A lot of people ask where I get my inspiration for recipes etc.  I would have to say I do a lot of perusing on the web for different recipe sites and good recipes.  I figured that I'd share some of those sites with you.  The nice thing is alot of them have options for searching for specific recipes or guidelines, for instance, those with allergies to nuts or gluetin, can search in advanced search at Epicurious for recipes with out nuts or wheat product, a handy little tool for those of us who have to cook for specific diets.  It was especially useful for when my son was allergic to eggs.  Do you know how hard it is to bake things with out eggs in them?  Anyhow, a lot of specialty grocery stores have alternative options for those with special diets and often time have cook books there or recipes for those looking for ways to make healthy and well rounded meals.  So I'm putting down a few links of my favorite sites for recipes.  Hope it helps inspire you on your way to becoming a creative cook!

http://www.epicurious.com   - Probably my absolute favorite all around site

http://www.mrbreakfast.com  - Great breakfast site

http://www.recipezaar.com   - Good all around site, most recipes are user donated.

No comments:

Post a Comment