Thursday, September 24, 2009

Macadamia Nuts + White Chocolate = Bliss

Ok, I'm going to take a poll out there in cyber land... What is your favorite cookie?  I would have to say hands down it would be for me, white chocolate macadamia nut cookies.  The way the chocolate and nuts meld together in a symphony of delicious flavors with buttery cookie thrown into the mix?  Who can top that?  My mouth is watering as I think about it!  So this past summer I decided to make cookies for a trip out to Seattle.  I didn't have any chocolate chips, but I did have some choped macadamia nuts and white chocolate chips.  It hit me!  I can try making a white chocolate macadamia nut cookie, the only problem was I didn't have a recipe for them... what to do, what to do?  I figured I didn't really have a whole lot of extra time to search for the perfect recipe, I'd have to make one up on my own and just go with it.  The brilliance of my plan was all in simply using the Nestle toll house chocolate chip cookie base recipe for my base.  So I did, and the results were super yummy!  So by popular demand, I'm posting my recipe with an added bonus, you can add some shredded sweetened coconut for an added flair on the tropical!  :)  Hope you enjoy these cookies as much as we did!

Jen's white chocolate macadamia nut cookies

1 C softened butter
3/4 C granulated sugar
3/4 C light brown sugar
2 large eggs
1 Tbs Vanilla (again I prefer Mexican Vanilla)
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
2 1/4 C all-purpose flour
2 C white chocolate chips
1 C Chopped toasted macadamia nuts
1/4 C shredded sweetened coconut (optional)

Prep:

Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.

In a separate bowl, combine flour, salt, and baking soda.  Mix together thoroughly.

In a mixing bowl, combine butter,sugars and vanilla.  Beat together until smooth and creamy.  Add eggs one at a time mixing well after each addition.  Gradually add flour mixture beating well until entirely incorporated.  Mix in white chocolate chips, nuts and coconut (optional).  Drop by rounded Tbs onto an ungreased cookie sheet and bake for 9-12 minutes.  (I found that 11 min in my oven is perfect)  Remove from cookie sheet and cool on wire rack.  Cookies should be soft and chewy, not crispy.  If crispy they are over cooked, unless you like them that way!  :)  They should be a very light gold color when they are done, and may look like they aren't finished cooking, however the cookies will continue to cook as they cool, so unless it's super doughy don't worry.  Serve with milk and enjoy! 

1 comment:

  1. O my goodness! This sounds sooooo yummy! I am totally going to bake some for my mom :) The coconut is going to be a perfect additive! Thanks Jen and I will definately follow this blog!

    ReplyDelete